Dr. Dahiya graduated from Harvard College with honors. His success in medical school at the University of Massachusetts led to induction into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
A strong interest in facial anatomy led to a five-year residency in general surgery and otolaryngology at Albany Medical Center Hospital from 1998 to 2003.
Dr. Dahiya completed a fellowship at the University of Toronto with Dr. Peter Adamson, one of the world’s preeminent facial plastic surgeons.
Dr. Dahiya is board certified with the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, and he is fellowship-trained in both cosmetic surgery and otolaryngology.
He continues research in many areas of facial plastic surgery, including lasers, rhinoplasty and various aspects of the deep plane facelift. Dr. Dahiya has presented his research at various national and international meetings and has published his findings in the facial plastic surgery literature.
Dr. Ravi Dahiya has a passion for the creative challenges posed by both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. By focusing this interest and energy into the area of facial and neck procedures exclusively, Dr. Dahiya can bring that focus to your chosen procedure.
DR DAHIYA’S CORE SPECIALTIES – FACIAL REJUVENATION
Dr. Dahiya is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon with the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, and he is fellowship-trained in both cosmetic surgery and otolaryngology. Dr. Dahiya graduated from Harvard College with honors and continues research in many areas of facial plastic surgery, including mini facelifts, lasers, rhinoplasty, otoplasty, blepharoplasty and various aspects of the deep plane facelift.
DR. DAHIYA’S PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Facial plastic surgery
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery
- American Medical Association
Honors and Awards
- Kris Conrad Merit Award in Facial Plastic Surgery, University of Toronto (2004)
- John Orlando Roe Award — AAFPRS Research Award
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (2002)
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Honor, Society University of Massachusetts Medical School (1997)
- Stride Rite Award, for outstanding contributions in public service by a Harvard College senior (1994)
- Nash Scholarship, Harvard College (1991 – 1994)
- Deerfield Cup, for exemplifying the ideals of Deerfield Academy (1990)
Dr. Ravi Dahiya is a facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon in otolaryngology and head and neck surgery in the Metropolitan DC area. His academic journey began with a bachelor’s degree from Harvard College with honors. He earned his medical degree from the University of Massachusetts Medical School, and while there, he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He then completed an intensive residency in head and neck surgery at the Albany, New York Medical Center Hospital. He completed a highly competitive fellowship in facial plastic surgery (performed over 6000 facial procedures) and has over 13 years of experience in this field. His education and training in the area of facial plastic surgery and hair restoration includes work at the University of Toronto with Dr. Peter Adamson, a leader in facial reconstruction and trauma. While there, he earned the Kris Conrad Merit Award in facial plastic surgery. As a Washingtonian plastic surgeon, Dr. Dahiya is devoted exclusively to the field of facial plastic surgery and is a skilled and respected facial plastic surgeon in this field. See Dr. Dahiya on RealSelf.
GETTING TO KNOW DR. DAHIYA
Because Dr. Dahiya’s practice focuses exclusively on conditions of the face, head and neck, he is uniquely qualified in this area and is able to provide a comprehensive and holistic approach to the care of the face. Procedures include facelift surgery, browlift, lip lift, chin implant, rhinoplasty (nose jobs), otoplasty (ear surgery), blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), hair restoration and more. Additionally, his background in fine arts enhances his ability to balance the technical and creative aspects of his specialty and assists him in his goal of achieving natural surgical results that enhance each individual’s unique and attractive features. As a specialist of the face, Dr. Dahiya also emphasizes a minimally invasive and preventive approach to facial and skin care that helps maintain healthy, youthful features and overall health.
Dr. Dahiya is committed to ethical, caring and honest treatment of his patients and works very hard to earn and maintain their trust. Although patient care is his primary focus, Dr. Dahiya’s academic, research and teaching abilities have been recognized throughout his career with numerous awards as well as several scholarly publications. His love of teaching is evident as he educates his patients regarding their individual health care concerns and questions.
DR. DAHIYA — WHY EXPERIENCE MATTERS
Dr. Dahiya is a national Bellafill injector Instructor for Suneva Medical. In this role, Dr. Dahiya trains physician injectors as well as other injector trainers at the Rockville office on the proper use of long-term fillers like Bellafill. This includes the proper use of micro-cannulas and the best placement of Bellafill to help avoid complications and improve results. He is also a Medical Director of the Aesthetic Center of Northern Virginia as well as the Aesthetic Center of Columbia. When considering a physician for your face, trust a facial plastic surgeon. Trust your face to Dr. Dahiya.
Dr. Ravi Dahiya is a dual board-certified facial plastic surgeon known for his natural-looking results and meticulous skill as well as his genuine concern for patient well-being and satisfaction. As someone who truly enjoys interacting with and helping people, our commitment to you is to listen to your individual concerns and desires, assist you in understanding various treatment options, provide comprehensive and individualized recommendations, and support you through the entire process of initial consultation to last postoperative visit.
His charitable work includes surgical mission trips to third World countries as well as contributions to FACE TO FACE, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing free services to women who are victims of domestic violence. Dr. Ravi Dahiya lives in Bethesda, Maryland, with his wife and two children and enjoys photography, rowing, backpacking, cooking, gardening and, most of all, spending time with his family.
- Adamson PA, Dahiya R. The aging forehead. In: Bailey BJ, Johnson JT, Newlands SD, eds. Head & Neck Surgery – Otolaryngology, 4th edition.
- Bagal A, Dahiya R, Tsai V, Adamson PA. Clinical experience with polymethylmethacrylate microspheres (ARTCOLL) for soft-tissue augmentation: a retrospective review. Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery. 2007 Jul-Aug;9(4):275-280
- Adamson PA, Dahiya R, litner JA. Midface effects of the deep-plane vs. the superficial musculoaponeurotic system plication face-lift. Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery. 2007 Jan-Feb;9(1):9-11.
- Adamson PA, Litner JA, Dahiya R. The m-arch model: a new concept of nasal tip dynamics. Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery. 2006 Jan-Feb;8(1):16-25.
- Midface effects of the deep plane versus SMAS plication facelift. Presented at: the 9th International Symposium for Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Las Vegas, NV (May 2006)
- Characteristics of the lower lateral cartilages: a cadaveric study. Presented at: the 9th International Symposium for Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Las Vegas, NV (May 2006)
- The morality of cosmetic surgery. Presented at: The New You show, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (May 2004)
- Anatomic consideration of the lower lateral cartilages: a cadaveric study. Presented at: Percy Ireland Day, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Clinical efficiency of the pulse-dye laser. Presented at: American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fall Meeting, Orlando, FL (September 2003)
- A systematic histologic analysis of the pulse-dye laser in non-ablative cutaneous therapy in a porcine model. Presented at: the 8th International Symposium for Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, New York City, NY (May 2002)
- Balance TV With Marla Shapiro, Canadian Television (CTV)